Spooktacular time of year has arrived! Halloween Pool Party and Pizza Friday 27th October, DON’T MISS OUT!
This party is for bookings only, call us now on 01766780576 to book your space!
20.09.23 Cafe to stop serving food – open for hot and cold drinks
The Board of Directors have decided to stop cooking food in the café and we will only be serving hot and cold drinks with some snacks, this decision was made due to financial and on-going staffing issues, we have not been successful in employing anyone to run the café for HAL and therefore very little option but to stop serving cooked food, this is a temporary measure and we will be looking at options for the café in the New Year. This space is still available for the public to use and we have been looking at possible getting a Yoga/Pilates instructor, youth club on a Wednesday evening, games afternoon but all this will need volunteer time to organise, the current Board of Directors need more help if we are to look at different options for HAL Café. Please contact the Chair Person for the Board of Directors: Heidi Williams on email@example.com.
Update on the Swimming Pool – March 2023
As was reported back in early March the Board of Directors held an emergency meeting to discuss the future of HAL but more specifically the costs associated with running the swimming pool and the implications to the wider Centre. The Board came to the difficult but necessary decision due to lack of finances that the swimming pool would possibly have to close at the end of March, but with the café and climbing wall remaining open. However with the help of the Harlech Triathlon group, ‘Always Aim High’, Gwynedd Council and local businesses and supporters, it has been possibly to keep the swimming pool open to ensure that once again the Harlech Triathlon held on the 26th March was a success.
Since the beginning of March the remaining Board of Directors and Centre Manager have work hard to secure a future for HAL. The Board is grateful for all the help provided by Gwynfor Owen and Annwen Hughes (County Councilors for the Harlech and Llanbedsr Ward). Below are just some of the initiatives and funding being pursued:-
- Gwynedd Council agreed to a £6,500 donation to ensure that the Triathlon was able to proceed.
- All Community & Town Councils from Talsarnau to Barmouth have again shown their support for HAL and have committed initially to a 6 month payment of the precept in line with payments made last year. Review will be undertaken with all councils within the next six month to look towards a longer term plan. This will be dependent on some of the initiatives below.
- Follow up meeting with Gwynedd who are offering support with grant funding, possible grant available for professional consultations e.g. looking at alternative energy options for HAL. SPF (Shared Prosperity Fund) – possible capital funding.
- People and Places – Cost-of-living Response Fund in Wales – National Lottery bid has been completed and submitted for £100,000 to cover the cost of energy until the end of the year.
- Donations received by local businesses (see Supporters page)
- Go Fund Me page which has raised over £1,560.00 (50 donations to date) showing local support for HAL.
- Meetings with MAGNOX to review potential grant, already awarded £2,000 grant for cafe.
- Actively seeking BOARD Member, 4/6 possibly interested – meeting arranged 31.03.23.